toolbox.jpgThe Tech-Savvy Interpreter™

 

Advertise Today!

The Tool Box Journal

In 2015, in response to the increasing demand for information about technology in the interpreting sector, translation tech guru Jost Zetzsche invited InterpretAmerica’s Barry Slaughter Olsen to write the Tech-Savvy Interpreter—a monthly column to be included in the wildly popular electronic publication the Tool Box Journal. The column’s focus would be the rapidly evolving technologies and the growing number of technology offerings in the interpreting space.

Since its launch in September 2015, the Tech-Savvy Interpreter has covered new tech such as interpreting delivery platforms, productivity software and many of the technologies that underlie these new tools. In the process, it has built a loyal readership among the 11,000-plus direct subscribers to the Tool Box Journal and among thousands more readers in newsgroups also subscribed to the Journal.

This is good news for technology vendors targeting interpreting. The Tech-Savvy Interpreter provides targeted exposure to a user group focused on new technologies that help improve workflow efficiency, increase productivity and expand work opportunities. According to Jost’s estimates, 75% of journal subscribers are freelancers, while the other 25% are corporate or in-house language professionals.

RATES

  • One-time advertisements are $350 for a three-line ad (75 characters per line).
  • A package of three advertisements (which can be spread over a period of six months) is $300 per ad.
  • A package of at least six advertisements in the newsletter for a period of not more than one year the charge is $250 per ad.

The Tech-Savvy Interpreter offers one of only six advertisement slots per journal. This maximizes ad value. In the past, the available slots in the Journal have been booked out for several years in a row.

Advertise Today!

 

 


2017 Publishing Schedule

The Tech-Savvy Interpreter offers one of only six advertisement slots per journal. This maximizes ad value. In the past, the available slots in the Journal have been booked out for several years in a row.

Tool Box Journal

MONTH TARGET PUBLICATION DATE ADVERTISER
January 18  Cadence
February 15  Cadence
March 15 TikkTalk
April 12 Cadence
May 10 Linguali
June 7 Cadence
July 5 Cadence
August 2 Cadence
August 30 DS-Interpretation
September 27 DS-Interpretation 
October 25 Intrakit
November 22 DS-Interpretation
December 20 Cadence

 

 The Tech-Savvy Interpreter Video

In 2017, in an effort to expand access to information about technologies affecting interpreting, InterpretAmerica launched Tech-Savvy Interpreter Videos to accompany the monthly column in the Tool Box Journal. These videos show technology offerings in action and give a first-hand look at how they work. At the beginning of each video there is a 30-second ad with a static visual and voice over to promote your product or service. 

Since its launch in September 2015, the Tech-Savvy Interpreter has covered new tech such as interpreting delivery platforms, productivity software and many of the technologies that underlie these new tools. In the process, it has built a loyal readership among the 11,000-plus direct subscribers to the Tool Box Journal and among thousands more readers in newsgroups also subscribed to the Journal.

This is good news for technology vendors targeting interpreting. The Tech-Savvy Interpreter provides targeted exposure to a user group focused on new technologies that help improve workflow efficiency, increase productivity and expand work opportunities. According to Jost’s estimates, 75% of journal subscribers are freelancers, while the other 25% are corporate or in-house language professionals.

INTRODUCTORY RATES

  • One-time advertisements are $250 for a 30-second ad (approx 60 spoken words).
  • A package of three advertisements (which can be spread over a period of six months) is $200 per ad.
  • A package of at least six advertisements on the Tech-Savvy Interpreter Videos for a period of no more than one year the charge is $150 per ad. 

There is only one advertisement in each Tech-Savvy Interpreter video which maximizes ad value and exposure. Book your video advertisement today!

 

Tech-Savvy Interpreter Video

MONTH TARGET PUBLICATION DATE ADVERTISER
January 18  Cadence
February 15  ---
March 15 Cadence
April 12 TikkTalk
May 10 Linguali
June 7 Reserve Ad 
July 5 Reserve Ad 
August 2 Reserve Ad 
August 30 Reserve Ad 
September 27 Reserve Ad 
October 25 Reserve Ad 
November 22 Reserve Ad 
December 20 Reserve Ad