Join us for Lenguas 2017 in
Mexico City, Mexico!
Lenguas 2017 is an international forum for interpreters and translators that aims to bring professionals in these two fields together under one roof to discuss best practices, learn about the situation of the market today, and receive practical training.
The Italia Morayta Foundation has invited IntepretAmerica to collaborate on the design for the program. Together, both organizations created the plenary sessions and invited the professional associations, academic institutions and individual speakers to submit proposals for the workshop sessions.
The Forum will be held from September 28-30, 2017, in Mexico City. The venue for the conference is the incomparable San Ildelfonso College.
Thursday September 28 will be dedicated to plenary sessions. On Friday 29 and Saturday 30 professional development and continuing education workshops will be held. The program will include social and cultural activities to offer participants opportunities not only for relaxation but also to network and share points of view.
The Lenguas 2017 Forum will also be the venue for presenting the Italia Morayta Award in four different categories:
- Italia Morayta Award for Conference Interpreters
- Italia Morayta Award for Translators
- Italia Morayta Award for Community Interpreters
- Italia Morayta Award for Best Research Project
Survey on Translation and Interpretation in Mexico
In addition, we are thrilled to announce an unprecedented initiative: Mexico’s first comprehensive, nationwide survey of interpreters and translators.
The Italia Morayta Foundation, in partnership with InterpretAmerica and the Association of Public Service and Community Interpreters and Translators, has set out to create a snapshot of the industry’s present day contours, niches, and needs.
Survey highlights include:
- Conference, community, and remote interpreting
- Literary translation to newer “niche” specialities such as transcreation and video game localization
- Occupational health and well-being
- Use and impact of technology
- A first look at indigenous interpreting inside Mexico
The survey seeks to document the diversity and magnitude of the language services community in Mexico.
So, if you:
- work with translation and/or interpretation,
- and reside in Mexico,
we need to hear your unique voice!
The survey closes July 23th, 2017. Fill it out now!
Then join us in September to see what the survey has revealed...